Soy Candle Care
REASONS YOU'LL LOVE OUR SOY CANDLES
- Soy Wax is more Eco-friendly than Paraffin Wax, and supports American Soy Farmers. We even use 100% cotton wicks, providing a consistent, stable, heavy metal & zinc free flame.
- Carbon Neutral - Cleaner burn than Paraffin based candles. Soy wax burns without creating the soot or smoke unlike other Paraffin brands or soy blends.
- All of our products are handmade and individually numbered. We even hand-write each candle number on every jar, so each product is truly unique.
- Each Candle is made from scratch, by hand, in Knoxville, Tennessee.
- Soy wax is non-toxic and non-carcinogenic. It contains no pesticides or herbicides. Soy wax is an excellent choice for those who wish to burn more environmentally friendly candles. In fact it's so natural the raw wax is actually edible and without color or fragrance could be used for cooking (although we don't recommend it)!
- Soy wax burns cooler than paraffin wax, therefore increasing your candles life by burning for longer - up to 50% longer! Soy wax has a lower melt point so remember to keep your soy candle out of direct sunlight as this may cause it to 'sweat'. If this happens, remove your candle from the heat source and allow to cool. It will quickly return to its normal state.
- Soy wax tends to have a 'rustic' look after the melt pool has cooled. This is due to the natural makeup of the wax and in no way affects the way your candle will burn.
- Soy wax can be cleaned from surfaces with hot soap and water, but remember although it is bio-degradable, it is still wax! Avoid pouring down your drains.
CANDLE CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- When lighting a soy candle for the first time, allow the wax to melt all the way to the sides of the container. Depending on the container size, this should take around 1-3 hours.
- Failure to do this will often cause "tunneling" which will limit the life of your new soy candle.
- Soy wax does not burn as hot as paraffin wax, so soy wax candles require a thicker wick, which does not burn 100% and needs to be trimmed regularly.
- Aim to trim your wick to about 1/4"/6-8mm before you re-light your candle. This will ensure a long lasting candle, minimize soot and remove any mushrooming of carbon on the end of the wick.
- Extinguish your candle by dipping the wick into the melted wax and straighten. This will stop the wick smoking and will help with re-lighting the next time. Please remember the candles are hand poured, not massed produced- and although every effort is made to ensure consistency, every candle will be a little different. When using completely natural soy wax, sometimes you may notice darker patches or "wet" spots in your container candles. This is not a fault, simply a small blemish where the wax has not adhered to the glass 100%. The top of your candle may also appear slightly uneven, this is also a sign of natural soy wax being hand poured.
ADDITIONAL CARE INSTRUCTIONS:
- 16oz: Approx. 80-100+ Hours.
- 8oz: Approx. 40-50+ Hours.
- Size (Approx.) 8oz: 3" x 3.5" || 16oz: 4.9" x 3.1"